Are you worried that your device is out of order because no button is working? Don’t worry because it is just hanged. You can reset your device and don’t need to take it to a repair shop and expend money.
The easiest solution for a device that is stuck for hours is hard or factory reset. Factory rest means you will lose your data after resetting your device. If you don’t want to lose data before resetting, make sure to back up the data.
Let’s learn to reset the RCA tablet:
Not all problems for the RCA tablet need a reset. However, go for a hard reset if you are facing the following issues:
- Slow performance
- Hanging apps
- Forgot password
- Glitches that are not getting fixed with a reboot
Reset process with Device ON:
You can hard reset your tablet from settings if there seem no technical issues. Follow these steps for erasing personal data or restoring your device to default.
· Step 1: Unlock the device and go to settings.
· Step 2: Scroll down till you find the option “back up and reset.” By tapping on the option, a confirmation page will appear. The page reads the information about what will happen if you choose it. Read the information to know what hard reset will affect your data.
(If you don’t find the option “back up and reset” in settings, then go to privacy and select the option)
· Step 3: Select the ‘factory data reset’ button after reading the information.
· Step 4:Wait and let your tablet reset.
· Step 5: The reset gets completed when you restart the device. Some devices restart automatically, while for others, you need to restart after selecting the reset option.
Reset Process with Device OFF:
This method is used when you forget the tablet’s password, or there is an issue in turning it on. These steps for hard reset are almost the same for all devices. However, they vary for Android and windows.
RCA Reset for Windows:
The commonly used RCA tab that runs Windows is the Combo 10.1. Moreover, these tablets mostly come with a keyboard. Let’s see the steps to factory reset the RCA tablet with keyboard and windows:
- Step 1: Switch off the device.
- Step 2: Turn it on while loading, press and hold “fn” (function key and repeatedly press F9. Keep pressing until “please wait” appears. Release the function key as soon as it appears.
- Step 3: Wait a few seconds and select troubleshoot option.
- Step 4: Now choose “remove files” or clean the drive button. It will remove your data and reset the device to default settings. The RCA logo and loading animation will appear when you select the option.
- Step 5: Leave your mobile aside as it will take 30 to 60 min depending on your mobile data. Don’t press any button manually if you see the screen turning on and off. After the completion of the process the device will restart.
Then select ‘Reset your PC.’
Factory reset for RCA Android device:
- Step 1: Switch off your device.
- Step 2: Press and hold the power button simultaneously with the Volume up button. Release the buttons as soon as you RCA logo appears.
(Alternative step: Hold Volume up and power button. Press again and again the power button for some time while holding the Volume up button. The RCA logo will appear.)
- Step 3: A command prompt screen will appear with blue and orange/yellow text. Use the Volume buttons to move. Select the option ‘wipe data/factory reset by pressing the power button.
- Step 4: A confirmation page will appear. Select ‘yes delete all user data’ by navigating with volume buttons and using the power button to choose the option.
- Step 5: Wait till your device restarts.
- Step 6: After restarting, your device will ask to select language, just like when you start your new device.
For stuck screens and hanging apps, it is better to reset your device. Hard reset will delete all of your stored data. However, if you don’t want to lose data, go for data backup using the cloud before factory reset. Factory reset doesn’t repair physical damages but solves a lot of technical issues.