Lenovo laptops are in fact some of the best laptops, but sometimes, there arise some situations which would be pretty annoying. One such common issue with Lenovo laptops is they do not turn on, and it feels like they are stuck.
Regardless of whether many users are complaining about this power or sleep issue, still you should not worry because there is a solution. In this article, we will share with you the method to fix this recurring issue.
I recently bought a Lenovo Ideapad, and to my surprise, after 4 months I came across this issue. That was the time when I got to know about the best methods to fix this disturbance. Worry not, it will not cost you any money, and you can do it yourself too. It only requires a basic understanding of the laptop.
Why your Lenovo laptop is not starting up?
Before we give you the solution for the Lenovo laptop power issue it is better to let you understand what kind of issue we are talking about. Sometimes, the main issue differs, and its diagnosis is also different, but people tend to follow these methods.
The problem is that whenever you press the power button; the laptop will not turn on.
In some cases, the LED would blink several times, but still, the laptop will not open. A few users have also reported that the BIOS did not appear, nor the backlit keyboard would work. It feels as if the laptop is dead.
There are several reasons that can cause these power issues. Some of the main reasons are as follows.
- If the battery is not enough to make the system work or initiate, the laptop will not open up. It can happen if you have changed the battery of your Lenovo laptop. It clearly means that this would happen to an older or used laptop.
- If you are in a habit of shutting down your laptop improperly, then such issues can occur.
- Then the improper voltage can also be a reason for the power issue. You must check if the power supply or adapter used for the laptop is according to the given standards or not. Furthermore, if your battery adapter is not working well or is causing some issues then you must think about it as a potential reason for the Lenovo power button issue.
Some effective methods to fix the Lenovo laptop power issue
Now, we will see what are the best ways to troubleshoot these issues. You should first check the following things.
Check the Hardware
If you see that your laptop is damaged or has some scratches on it, then you must visit some experts. The hardware issues of a laptop are not easily solved, so fixing them at home will only be a waste of time and energy.
One common hardware issue is when you hear some strange sound while pressing the power button. It is mainly because the power button is not working fine.
Another hardware issue can be related to RAM. Those who have just replaced their laptop RAM should consider if the RAM is causing this problem. RAM can cause boot issues. The only solution to fix this issue is to reinstall the RAM.
Some experts believe that you can try resetting and re-arranging the internal components of a Lenovo laptop to fix this issue. Doing so will help you understand some major issues if any.
The Fan or the cooling system
Even though Lenovo has some amazing cooling systems for their laptops, there still can be some issues. The laptop’s internal protection system will turn it off if the laptop gets overheated.
You will need to consult an expert to fix this issue, they will unblock the vents, and repair the laptop cooling system before it damages your laptop even more. The quick fix would be to shut down the laptop for several hours and let it cool down.
The power supply, batteries, and adapters
If you are now sure that the fans and the cooling system are on point, and the main issue is something else. Then it will be better to first check the adapter and battery. You should follow these steps to check the battery.
- First, remove the battery from your laptop.
- Once you have removed the battery now connect the charger to the laptop. If the laptop trunks on, then it will be pretty clear that the issue is with your battery, and you should change it as soon as possible.
- If it does not turn on. Then the issue is probably with the AC adapter. You must repeat the above process with a new adapter but with similar power specifications.
Let it charge until 100%
Sometimes, the main issue is of charge. If you wish to feel lucky, then you should try to charge it fully, and then check. It might start.
Using the Lenovo Novo button
The Lenovo IdeaPad comes with a Novo button, it is just beside the power button on the Lenovo Ideapad. It is to go for the recovery BIOS. You need to follow these steps to use this Novo button.
- Once you have pressed the Novo button, you will get to the recovery mode of the device.
- Select the recovery option, and boot the system.
The Residual charge
In every electrical device, there can be a power clog. One has to get rid of the residual power; otherwise, it will conflict with the device. It can happen if you were not using the laptop for quite some time.
You need to follow these steps.
- Here again, you will need to remove the batteries.
- Now you must press the power button several times, that is almost 10 times.
- Then for the 11th time press it and hold it.
- Now connect the AC adapter and turn it on.
- Now turn on the laptop.
- If the laptop turns on then let it start completely.
- Once started, you can do some of your stuff, and then shut it down.
- Now put the batteries back in the laptop, and you are good to go.
Get the display service
If the Lenovo laptop seems not to turn on or work properly, then sometimes the culprit can be the display. Such situations can occur when your laptop is a bit old if after trying the above-discussed methods, you are still unable to fix the power issue, then you should visit some expert who can fix the screen issue.
Things every Lenovo laptop user should follow to avoid power issues
To avoid this situation, you need to follow these simple tips.
- You should always turn off your laptop carefully.
- Do not let it stay shut down for several hours.
- Do not try to change the settings of the motherboard.
- Always ask some experts to fix your laptop.
- While the windows or BIOS is updating, you should not interrupt it.
- Do not use your laptop in bed.
Lenovo laptop’s power issues are mainly because of mishandling of the technical devices. Fortunately, this issue can be fixed very easily at home. Only in a few cases, one will need to contact the technicians.